I need an official transcript
  • Please request an official transcript here.
I need to change my address or name
        University of the Southwest
        6610 N Lovington Hwy Ste 508
        Hobbs, NM 88240

        Email: registrar@usw.edu

        Fax: 575-392-6006
Where is the Office of the Registrar located?
  • The office of the Registrar is located in the J.L. Burke Hall Building, on the northwest end of the campus.
I am registered for an online course, how do I log on to the Blackboard?
  • If you are registered for an online course, you can access Blackboard here. Your seven digit ID number and password will be provided to you by your advisor. Your password will end with the full year of your birth.
  • If you have any issues, please call Technology Services at 575-492-2181.
How do I register for classes?
  • If you are a current student, you must make an appointment with your advisor. Your advisor will register you for the needed courses and can do this in their office, over the phone, or through email. If you are a new student, you must first visit with the director of the area for which you are seeking a degree. Your advisor/director will evaluate your degree plan, your transfer courses, and register you for classes.

Who do I speak to about VA benefits?
  • To apply for VA benefits please contact Julie Hillard (575-392-6564). You may also obtain information about your benefits from the website www.gibill.va.gov.
How do I apply for graduation?
  • If you feel you are ready to graduate, you must apply for graduation by filling out the "Intent to Graduate" form. It would be to your benefit to apply as early as possible so that your advisor can audit your degree plan to determine if you have fulfilled your program requirements. The fee for graduation is $70 for undergraduate students and $90 for graduate students. 

To request your CLEP score and Official Transcript:

Call phone:800-257-9558 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m., ET, Monday-Friday)

Have the following information ready:

  • Name, Birthday, and Social Security Number
  • Exam title, test center, and test date
  • Where you want the transcript sent: Institution Code (USW) 4116
  • (The transcript will be sent to the Office of the Registrar)
  • $20 charge VISA/AMEX/MC

*Since our institution is listed with CLEP, it can be done as listed above. For institutions not already listed with CLEP, the student will need to print the Transcript Request form from the CLEP website, complete the form, and fax it to the number listed on the form with the credit card information (It is a secure fax).

I want to request an evaluation of my degree
  • Contact your advisor/director to make an appointment to evaluate your degree plan and to determine your anticipated date of graduation.
What do I need to do if I want to take a class at another institution?
  • A student planning to enroll concurrently at USW and another college or university must complete a Concurrent Enrollment form, obtain approval signature from his or her academic advisor, and file the form with the Office of the Registrar in advance of each semester during which the student plans to be concurrently enrolled. You may obtain that form from the Office of the Registrar link.
How do I drop or withdraw from a course(s)?